Friday, May 14, 2010

New Addition

Since I haven't said much about our upcoming family addition, I thought I would dedicate this post to him (we wouldn't want him already feeling left out and 'second child' like!)

So far this little guy has been very easy on his mom. With minimal early pregnancy yuck or maybe just minimal time to address it, I feel like this first 25 weeks has just flown by! In the past 2 months he has been moving up a storm. He just graced his daddy with the first big kick he could feel- his daddy has limited patience with sitting and waiting for a peanut to move though! They tell me that if the baby is really active inside you can only guess how he will be on the outside- I'm hoping he'll use up all that frenetic energy in the first 40 weeks and come out all mellow and low-key :)

We have decided on Henry for his name- Dylan may not feel locked-in yet, but that's all I ever call him, and Eva and Eli have also learned it so I think it will stick! We'll be moving the boys (my gosh, I'm going to have boys!) into the big bedroom so there is ample room for all the toys/clothes/books, and mom and dad will take the small room for the remainder of the time we spend in our little house. Ah, the sacrifices of a parent :)

We are expecting Henry to arrive by August 22nd. Mommy has a wedding about a month later and is hoping this baby cooperates and gives me at least 4 weeks to become semi-female shaped again! I know that the summer will fly by with projects, vacations, and running after Eli too!

And finally, we are so excited to meet this second son- we spend lots of time wondering what he'll look like, how Eli will react, and how he'll fit into our little family. We can't wait to see him!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Awww! I love Henry! I'm so glad things are going well for you. I miss you and have been meaning to call you for months! Take care of yourself....we really want you to make it for vacation...big belly and all! (:

Jen said...

oh my gosh...you're alive! we missed you so much at the wedding! I think Jen and I are attached at the hip...she writes, then I write...I LOVE HENRY!
Can't wait to see him...and you guys on vacation!
Annie, will you put a link to my blog on yours? thanks!

meemaw said...

We can't wait for another adorable Wee Welch and I know Eli will be a wonderful helper. He'll say, "I DO it!"

Jennifer Miller said...

I didn't know you were expecting again! We just had our daughter, Kalyn, almost 4 months ago. How time flies! Take care!