Sunday, November 23, 2008

Home again, home again....

Eli and I just got back from a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa Piper. We also got to stop twice and visit with the great-grandparents which was so fun! We are gearing up for a busy traveling holiday season! Luckily, Eli is doing just fabulously on his sleeping away from home. While we were with Grandma Jackie we traveled overnight to Iowa to visit with our friends Mason, Diane and Micah. We had a great little trip in a trip! We shopped and ate at restaurants then Eli and I got to spend the night at Mason's house. Eli was a star! He slept nearly all night (except for a dirty diaper at 11:00) and even went down for a nap the next morning. Can I say that I'm in love with Dr. Ferber again? Best book I ever bought!
In just two short days we will be off again to visit Grandma and Grandpa Welch in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. While sleeping is getting better the car rides are a little tougher. Seems like both the babies (Eli and Eva) are getting a shortened tolerance for the car. Not good! But we'll make it eventually. We're going to try driving overnight coming home- we'll get Eli all bathed and bottled then pop him in the car and pray for a sleepy ride home. I'll let you know how it goes! After that I'm sure we'll head to Galesburg one more time before Christmas and we're also going back to WI for another family Christmas- whew!
As I write my post I am listening to an awesome Pandora radio station that I created with nothing but Christmas music! Check out Pandora.com if you've never heard of it, I love setting it and listening to music all day. Cammie is coming over today for present wrapping and I think after the Bears play we'll watch Polar Express and really get in the Christmas mood! Happy Thanksgiving week to everyone!

4 comments:

PAMMIE said...

That sounds like the PERFECT Sunday afternoon! I'm so jealous. I was at work and it was too busy. Are you in town Tuesday? I'm off and I'll have CJ...call me if you can hang out!

The Story of the Murphys said...

Anna and I were just talking on the phone about how jealous we are that you and Cammie can hang out on the weekend for an afternoon! She loves reading your blog too. I am impressed you are already doing Christmas wrapping! I need to start doing the buying part!

The Story of the Murphys said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have safe travels! Let me know what I can bring when we have breakfast over Christmas.

The Story of the Murphys said...

I forgot to mention I loved your title for this blog. My grandma always used to say "Home again, Home again, Jigidy jig." I say it now and Justin makes fun of me. :)